Important Indian Geography MCQ for Every Competitive Exam
- Name the longest lake in India.
[A] Pulicat Lake
[B] Kolleru Lake
[C] Pangong Lake
[D] Vembanad Lake
View Answer[D] Vembanad Lake
- Which of the following Biosphere Reserves was the first to be established by the Government of India?
[A] Sundarbans Biosphere Reserve
[B] Gulf of Mannar Biosphere Reserve
[C] Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
[D] Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
View Answer[C] Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
- As per Census of India, an Urban area with a population from 50,000 to 99,999 is named as _______:
[A] Class I town
[B] Class II town
[C] Class III town
[D] Class IV town
View Answer[B] Class II town
- Tree cover is maximum in which of the following places?
[A] East Coast
[B] East Deccan
[C] Northern Plains
[D] West Coast
View Answer[D] West Coast
- Which of the following is the longest dam in India?
[A] Bhakra Nangal Dam
[B] Hirakud Dam
[C] Jawahar Sagar Dam
[D] Dool Hasti Dam
View Answer[B] Hirakud Dam
- Which among the following states is the leading producer of Gypsum?
[D] Madhya Pradesh
View Answer[C] Rajasthan
- What is the percentage growth rate of the population in India?
View Answer[A] 1.76%
- In which of the following states wheat is not produced?
[B] West Bengal
[C] Tamil Nadu
View Answer[C] Tamil Nadu
- The term ‘demographic gap’ signifies the difference in which of the following?
[A] Between the birth and the death rate
[B] Child / woman ratio
[D] Sex ratio
View Answer[A] Between the birth and the death rate
- With which country, India has the longest international boundary?
View Answer[D] Bangladesh